Jon Westfall and I are joined by frequent guest panelists Sven Johannsen and Don Sorcinelli for this podcast. After a brief rant (by me) lamenting the continuing movement from one-time purchases to subscription models (Apple’s Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro), we focus announcement from last week’s Google I/O.
- Apple brings Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro to iPad
iPad versions are subscription vs. one-time payment for MacOS versions
- Google I/O 2023
- Pixel Fold Trade-in and Google overpaying for trade-in value
- Google Fold
- Google Pixel Tablet
- Google Pixel 7a
- Google Bard updates as of 2023.05.10
one-click options to export content generated by Bard, including formatting, directly into Google Docs and Gmail.
- Google Labs
- Google Photos Magic Editor
- Google MusicLM
More Muzak than Music
- Introducing Duet AI for Google Cloud – an AI-powered collaborator
Google’s response to Microsoft Copilot
Although Google calls everything Workspace, commercial or consumer, Duet AI appears to only apply to commercial accounts.
- Google Find my Device