Todd Ogasawara and Jon Westfall discuss 2018’s best tech Super Bowl commercial, how much do Echo owners spend at Amazon, Google audio book freebie for Home Mini owners, Chrome browser ad blocking starting on Feb. 15, and did tech contribute to the disappearance of US shopping malls?
- Super Bowl LII tech commercial pick:
Alexa Loses Her Voice – Amazon Super Bowl LII Commercial
- Ask Alexa who will will the Superbowl
- Ref: Quartz. Average Amazon US customers spends $1000/year. Average Prime member spends $1300. Average Echo owner? $1700/year.
- Google Home Mini owners got a free audio book from Google to test out the new feature. But, it isn’t made clear how to play it back. In Google’s music or book app? Answer: Google’s book app
- How Chrome’s ad-blocker will work when it is activated on Feb. 15
- Jon’s Technology / Life Observation: Why did the malls of the 80s/90s die out?