Note: I said it was podcast 208 during the recording. It is actually number 207. Sorry ’bout that!
- Google Chrome will have a selective ad blocker in 2018. Ref: Google
- Google Sheets now has the ability to create graphs and charts by asking questions in words/text. Ref: Google
- Amazon Echo now supports named timers. Ref: Amazon
- Rented a 2017 Toyota Corolla and found that the built-in USB could charge and iPhone 7+ but not a Nexus 6 when running Google Maps while driving. However, using a third party charge plugged in to what used to be called a cigarette lighter was able to charge the Nexus 6.
- You can find more that streets and businesses with Google Maps. Searching for “Yoda fountain” in San Francisco leads you to the statue of Yoda from Star Wars outside of a Lucas Films building in Presidio.
- Virgin America’s odd USB ports placement on passenger seats
- WWDC 2017. What do we know so far: Ref: MacRumors
Travel tech observations: