In podcast 234, Jon Westfall and I discuss:
- Paul Lawler, Ricky Li, and I attempted to record an in-person mini-podcast. However, there was too much microphone bleed which resulted in a horrendous “echo.” I’m trying to install a filter for Audacity to reduce the echo so it can be posted someday. – SEE MobileViews Mini-Podcast 30
- Rant: Lost access to my PogoPlug a couple of weeks ago.
- Ref: iDownloadBlog Apple Watch OS 4.2
Send, request and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay Cash in Messages or by asking Siri (US only)
Adds support for HomeKit sprinklers and faucets in Home
Adds support for a new workout type for third-party apps to track distance, average speed, number of runs and elevation descended for downhill snow sports with Apple Watch Series 3
Resolves an issue where Apple Watch would sometimes restart when asking Siri about the weather
- Carrot Weather
- McDonald’s mobile order
- Google shutting down Chrome “apps”. Ref: ars technica. And, while Google said that no one uses these Chrome apps, one of our mutual friends said that his app has 250,000 users and is getting 100 email messages a day about this. For Google, the math is 250,000 equals zero.
- Special offers from Google for Chromebook owners. I had already redeemed a $20 Google Play credit and 100 GB of Google Drive storage for two years. Google recently added a Netflix free for 6 months deal which I applied to an existing Netflix account. These offers expire on December 31.
- Photolemur 2.2 single click photo enhancer for MacOS/Windows – Disclaimer free review copy. $29 for one device license. $49 for five device “family” license.