Jon Westfall and I (Todd Ogasawara) ran through some of the announcements made during Microsoft Build, discussed the new Evernote Plus paid tier, and roast Amazon for its Amazon Prime Instant Video mobile app update.
- I installed Windows 10 build 10074 on my Dell Venue 8 Pro (over Build 10041). It worked the first day. However, on the second day, it doesn’t display anything past the login screen. The exception is I can CTRL-ALT-DEL to get the Task Manager.
- Tools to let Android/iOS developers ports apps to Windows 10 Universal apps. No emulator. Ref: The Verge
- Free Microsoft Visual Studio Code for Windows, OS/X, and Linux
- Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview for Arduino, Raspberry Pi 2, & other tiny computing devices
- Slicker Microsoft Hololens not as good as giant uncomfortable prototype Ref: Thurrott.com
- New Evernote Plus in between Free & Premium. New Plus is $25/year. 1GB uploads per month (like previous Premium service), offline access, mail to Evernote note New Premium is $50/year (was $45). Unlimited uploads, larger single note sizes. Ref: Evernote Blog
- Amazon Instant Video apps for Android & iOS now support HD playback & cell data. Supporting HD viewing is long overdue. But, allowing streaming video over a 4G/LTE service is a horrendously bad idea. Make sure you set the preference to WiFi-only. Ref: The Verge
- Apple Watch – Power Reserve